Effective date: September 22, 2018
The Beirut Center of Photography (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://bcplebanon.org website in English, Arabic and French (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data (read below)
Our MENA photographer’s directory contains personal identifiable information provided to us by photographers willing to be listed in the directory. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: first and last name, email address, phone number, social media accounts, address, website URL, biography, picture.
Donors credit card data and bank account information are collected directly and kept by our secure payment gateway provider 2checkout. The Beirut Center of Photography does not have access to donors credit card and bank account information.
The Beirut Center of Photography collects personally identifiable information other than credit card and bank account data submitted by donors on our donate form. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: first and last name, company name, email address, donation dates and amounts.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer.
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed into our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognise when you return to our website
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
The personal data provided to us on a voluntary basis by photographers willing to be listed in our MENA photographer’s directory will be publicly displayed in the directory on our website and stored in our database. The data canbe removed from our website and deleted from our database at any time upon request.
The personal data provided to us by donors through our online donate form will be kept by the Beirut Center of Photograpjy for internal accounting and statistical purposes. The data can be removed from our website and deleted from our database at any time upon request.
Beirut Center of Photography uses other user collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To send you emails about news, events, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To provide user care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
These data can be transferred to, or collected directly by, our service providers listed below in order to facilitate and improve our Service. We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Lebanon and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Lebanon and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Beirut Center of Photography may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Beirut Center of Photography
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf:
We may use third-party Service Providers to fight against spammers and hackers.
- Akismet anti-spam service: Through Akismet, we collect information about visitors who comment on our Site. The information we collect includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address and the comment itself. For more information on the privacy practices of Akismet, please read Akismet’s terms of service: https://akismet.com/tos/
- Wordfence: Wordfence protects our site against attackers. For more information on the privacy practices of Wordfence, please visit the Wordfence data protection web page: https://www.wordfence.com/help/general-data-protection-regulation/
- 2checkout: Donors credit card data and bank account information are collected directly and kept by our secure payment gateway provider 2checkout. For more information on the privacy practices of 2checkout, please visit the 2checkout Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.2checkout.com/policies/privacy-policy
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You can contact us to ask us what data we hold about you, who has access to it and how it is being used. We will also delete any data about you that we hold if you ask us to.