The Beirut Center of Photography in collaboration with Artlab and A+ Studios invite you to join a guided tour of two ongoing exhibitions: Concrete Chlorophilia: Beirut Concrete Chlorophilia: Beirut is a look at where the urban meets flora. It studies the intimate relation between “Concrete” representing the Urban and its surrounding Nature. Nec Plus Ultra is […]
Intermediate Photography Course85 Elias Medawar street, Abou Jaoude building, 2nd floor, Achrafieh, Lebanonhttps://bcplebanon.org/blog/event/intermediate-photography-course-2/85 Elias Medawar street, Abou Jaoude building, 2nd floor, Achrafieh, Lebanon
Are you familiar with the basics of photography and want to learn more about handling your camera and composing better images? Do you want to better understand the concept of photographic series and the power of visual storytelling?
The Beirut Center of Photography in collaboration with Artnub Beirut is launching it’s Intermediate Photography Course aimed to get you to operate with photography skill, knowledge, and experience at an intermediary level.
This course is of great interest to all learners who would like to go beyond the automatic setting on their camera. Having studied this course you will be more confident in taking manual control of the camera and adjusting the shutter speed, ISO and aperture to get the correct exposure for your photographs.
Our training program is made up of a three-part format which includes theory, application, and review/critique. The 5 sessions are a mixture of indoor and outdoor learning experience. Every session is split into 2 parts.
1- A practical or technical approach to photography.
2- Lectures and discussions on visual storytelling with established photographers that work in diverse fields.
At the beginning of the course, students will have the opportunity to choose the topic that they want to work on. These projects will be screened and discussed.
Location: ArtNub Beirut
Price: 350 USD/person (Payment can be made by cash to cheques)
Session 1: Monday, June 24
Session 2: Monday, July 1
Session 3: Monday, July 8
Session 4: Monday, July 15
Session 5: Saturday, July 20
Session 1 – 4:
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
9:30 am – 3:00 pm
DSLR, mirrorless camera, or any digital camera with manual mode.
To register kindly call us on 81-362004 or send us an email to email@example.com
Session 1: Using Natural Light
– The Basics of Photography (A refresher)
– Working with natural light
– Controlling natural light
-Talk by Patrick Baz
Session 2: Low Light Photography
– The role of white balance in photography
– Working with low light
– Understanding ISO
– Tips and tricks used in low light photography (no equipment needed)
– Talk on Photography and Therapy with Maya Alameddine
Session 3: Light Meter, Light Conditions, and Using Flash
– Using the built-in camera light meter
– Understanding the difference between Matrix, center weight, and spot.
– Working with different natural lighting conditions
– An introduction to mixed light photography
– Talk on wildlife photography by Michel Zoghzoghi
Session 4: Improving Skills
– Applying newly learned skills while shooting close up portraits and people.
– The floor is open to discussion of questions that students might have about what they have learned throughout the course
– Talk on scientific photography by Gaby Maamary
Session 5: Review/Critique
This will be an all-day session, where all student projects are collected, screened, and discussed both in terms of technical and visual aspects, with a focus on the power of visual storytelling and the importance of working on series.